Wigan and Leigh Hospice: Charity Partner
This is the second year that Connolly are supporting Wigan and Leigh Hospice, and we are tremendously proud of our efforts over the last 12 months, the team at Connolly has raised over £5,000 for the hospice so far, with some amazing events, including, office bake sales, Easter Hampers, a Born Survivor military style obstacle course and even a staff skydive.
Connolly staff take on The Wigan 50 Mile Bike Ride in aid of Wigan and Leigh Hospice, our first fundraising event of the year! The route will see the team set off from Wigan Town Centre, Mesnes Park, head east towards Bolton and North towards Preston, through Preston and south back to Wigan, a total of 53.2 miles.
Wigan and Leigh Hospice is a charity which provides care and support to people who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting or terminal illness, supporting the charity is incredibly important to us all at Connolly. Money raised helps in a number of ways, a few examples include:
- £10 pays for meals for one inpatient for a day
- £36 pays for a complementary therapy session to help patients relax and feel more comfortable
- £50 pays for a visit from a ‘Hospice in your Home’ nurse to a patient in their own home
- £62 pays for a counselling session to help someone come to terms with their diagnosis or the diagnosis of their loved one
- £100 pays for a patient to receive a home visit from a Hospice Nurse Specialist
- £114 pays for an overnight stay at a patient’s home
- £480 pays for one patient to be cared for on our inpatient unit for one day
- £7,769 pays for the entire average cost of an inpatient stay for one patient