- Client: Southway Housing
- Location: Manchester
- Duration: 26 Weeks
- Value: £460,000
This scheme involved the transformation of a piece of wasteland into four traditionally built, contemporary, 2 bed semi-detached homes for Southway Homes.
Our works involved;
• Removal of overgrown foliage and breakout of existing tarmac.
• Traditional shallow strip foundations.
• Beam and block ground floor and timber first floor.
• Cavity wall construction.
• External landscaping including gardens, parking, bin store and cycle storage provision.
As part of our commitment to providing first class customer care, we took the initiative to install a new boundary fence around the perimeter prior to works commencing. This boundary fence replaced the boundary properties fence line, which they were delighted with and enabled us to work within that fence line without the need for herras fencing on all sides.
For this scheme, we undertook a value engineering activity which included the re-design of the landscaping. This led to small savings which covered the costs of new contemporary features on the homes, that were a late addition to the project.
Winner of “Best Small Development Award”
First Time Buyer Reader Awards 2021