Responsible for the commercial management and delivery of construction projects whilst adhering to all applicable legislation and contractual obligations.
To work to the ethos, vision and values of Connolly Ltd. To manage and deliver projects on time, within budget, safely and in accordance with all contract documentation.
- Create systems & processes allowing effective measurement commercial performance whilst complying with Connolly Ltd guidelines.
- Prepare & agree target costs for individual projects including obtaining specialist supply chain quotations. Provide accurate, real time monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) which detail project commercial performance against agreed target costs.
- Provide feedback on historic cost data and identify areas where improved efficiencies can be made.
- Aspire to the highest possible standards of subcontract procurement and cost control.
- Maintain relationships with key Sub-Contractors.
- Provide effective and timely support for dispute resolution.
- Ensure that all external valuation receipts and subcontract payments are made in accordance with the conditions of the contract.
- Monitor and report on commercial performance. Feedback areas of opportunity and threat to allow proactive management of any issues.
- Ensure site management teams are fully informed of the contents of the CVR and other financial reports.
- Adhere to stated company policies and procedures and carry out all duties in a way which is consistent with and which promotes Connolly Ltd values.
Connolly Ltd Role Specific Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Arrangement and attendance at internal and external pre-start meetings, chairing if required.
- Liaison and communication with all internal Connolly Ltd departments including (but not limited to) Board of Directors, Health & Safety Department, Customer Care Department, Commercial Department, Procurement Department, Finance Department, Human Resources Department and Administration Department.
- Liaison and communication with external stakeholders.
- Manage, review and authorise operative wages aligned to operative productivity review with the Contracts Manager.
- Review and approval (in conjunction with the Contracts Manager) of Sub-Contractor valuations.
- Management, review and processing of all instructions, variations, requests for information and the like as required to both progress the project and value any departures from the original contract value.
- Create, review, manage and complete cash flow forecasts, cost reporting and Cost/Value Reconciliation Reports as required for monthly operational and commercial internal review meetings.
- Manage supply chain approval process for new supply chain applications.
- Manage Sub-Contractor, Specialist Materials and Plant Procurement including ordering, review and sign off of payment applications, assessment and agreement of variations, instructions, additional works and the like, managing retentions and agreeing final accounts.
- Manage Specialist Material Procurement including ordering, review and sign off of payment applications, assessment and agreement of variations, instructions, additional requirements and the like, managing retentions and agreeing final accounts.
- Management and call off of Free Issue materials.
- Management, review and reporting of the commercial element of construction projects including review and sign off of payment applications, assessment and agreement of variations, instructions, additional works and the like, managing retentions and agreeing final accounts and claiming any associated retentions.
- Management and review of all certification associated with the commercial process of the construction project, such as, but not limited to, applications, valuations, invoices, payment certifications and the like.
- Management, monitoring and reporting on Sub-Contractor performance.
- Management, monitoring and reporting stakeholder requirements.
- Relationship management with peers including client, design team and consultants.
- Management and manning of the Out of Hours Call Out services on a rota basis.
- Arrangement and attendance at contract close out meeting, chairing if required
- Ability to manage, target, monitor and report all aspects of the Quantity Surveyor role and responsibilities.
- Suitable and appropriate Quantity Surveyor experience over a sustained period and number of projects.
- Experience of managing inter-departmental relationships including process and resource understanding.
- Experience of resource management related to project performance and commercial awareness.
- Experience of commercial process and delivery to the required legislative and quality standards.
- Understanding of Customer Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators.
- Understanding of human resources procedures.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- IT skills and proficiency in MS office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to establish, monitor, manage and deliver project targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and independently to a high level of accuracy.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and receptiveness to change.
- Good understanding of the rational decision-making process.
- Commercially aware.
- Technically Competent.
- Internal and external customer focused.
- Sound building knowledge both practical and theory.
- Health & Safety focussed and committed to continuous improvement.
- Continuing Professional Development
In this role you will receive an attractive rewards package that will include a comprehensive pension; generous holiday entitlement plus many other benefits including career development.
For your experience, we are currently offering a competitive starting salary (negotiable) along with car allowance and mileage.
We hire direct and do not use agencies.