Above and beyond
Our standards define us. That’s why we set the bar so high.
We assure quality through two linked approaches. Firstly, our values and culture focus our people on delivering on promises to clients and customers. Secondly, we regulate quality through our ISO 9001 Quality Management System – a structured regime which:
- States the Quality Policy
- Implements our quality procedures
- Records and reports our levels of quality performance through KPIs
- Identifies corrective actions and improvements
Connolly is a modern service provider and our quality aim is to provide an excellent experience for both clients and customers. This is defined as:
- ‘Right first time’ working
- Zero defects
- Excellent customer care
- On time completion
- Delivering the client’s vision
We promote a positive health and safety culture and recognise that the process of communication, consultation and involvement of all employees, together with visible leadership and commitment from the top, are all essential features connected with the development of a successful health and safety culture. We strongly believe the development of a good health and safety culture is essential in achieving a high quality service for our customers.
Our policy is reviewed several times a year by our SHE team. Our approach on each site is to:
- Achieve zero accidents
- Implement OHSAS 18001 certified health and safety programme
- Update training for all our employees
- Deliver targeted communication every month for all site based employees and supply chain
- Conduct monthly site audits
At Connolly we recognise that excellent Customer Care is a fundamental ingredient in the delivery of a professional and efficient service.
The Company has built its professional reputation through conducting its business with integrity and respect. It also means caring about our customers, employees and our business partners in all that we undertake.
Customer Care is essentially about people – and in order to provide that professional service, it is vital that we listen to our customers’ requirements, understands their needs and adopts a collaborative approach. It is not about reciting Policy documents or hiding behind the written word, but rather ensuring that an open and honest way of working is established from the very beginning – encouraging effective communications that will lead to agreed objectives.
Customer care is therefore a priority – not just for individual projects and contracts, but also within the Company as a whole. Every single employee is responsible for maintaining this collective goal, so that the service we provide always puts our customers first.
We consider ourselves to be a proactive and supportive neighbour and friend to those that we live and work with. Accordingly we believe that we have a duty to have a positive long-term effect on our community, our local area and the environment generally.
We provide all of our people with access to our quality management systems. Included within this is the Environmental Toolkit which provides clear advice, guidelines and tools to ensure we have a positive impact on the environment. Equally we set environmental objectives and targets which are measured, monitored and reviewed to enable continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
We also train our people and make resources available to enable responsible environmental management and behaviours whilst inspecting and auditing operations throughout the year, using our local Safety, Health & Environmental Manager, supported by our operating teams.
The Company accepts that environmental issues are management responsibilities but they depend on the co-operation of all employees to make the policy successful.
Our corporate responsibility and sustainability policy is applied in four main areas: marketplace, workplace, environment and community.
- Our mission is to understand our clients’ business needs and deliver them in a way that delights those clients.
- We will provide products and services of good value and consistent quality, reliability and safety.
- We will develop products and services that help our clients and ourselves to reduce our impact on the environment, both during the course of construction and throughout the life of the completed assets.
- We will promote our services and ourselves in an ethical way at all times in accordance with our published Ethics policy.
- We recognise the importance of our supply chain and will develop secure long-term relationships with our suppliers and subcontractors based upon mutual trust.
- We undertake to pay them on time and according to agreed terms.
- Our purchasing power will be used in accordance with our Ethics policy and will not be used unscrupulously.
- We recognise that our employees are our most important asset. Their commitment to our core values enables us to achieve our goals and build our reputation.
- We seek to recruit and retain good people that reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate, to give equal opportunities to all of our staff, and to provide the training and development to help them have fulfilling and rewarding careers. We operate Equal Opportunities and Diversity polices to help us achieve this.
- The health and safety of our employees and all those that we come into contact with is of paramount importance. We operate a Safety Management System.
- We recognise that our responsibility extends beyond construction sites and have adopted policies to manage and minimise occupational road risk.
- We will involve employees in continuously improving their own work methods and those of the Company as a whole.
- We have a strategy of regular communication with employees that enables them to contribute to policy and strategy and helps them understand the importance of their roles to the organisation. We believe that this is vital for the success of the business.
- The Company recognises the fundamental importance of understanding the full impact of its activities on the environment and is committed to improving that impact through its Environmental policy.
- Our most significant contribution to the environment will be through continually improving our efficiency both on site and in our offices and reducing the amount of waste generated. Where we do generate waste we will look to recycle it.
- We will promote the use of recycled materials or those from sustainable sources.
- We will monitor our carbon emissions generated through energy use and employee travel and will adopt a carbon offsetting strategy that invests in research into improving the sustainability of the products and techniques that we use.
- We are proud that our work enhances the communities in which we operate. We maintain a local presence through offices close to our clients and the communities that provide our staff and supply chain.
- We support the local employment of trades and labour. We recognise the benefit that our profitability brings to the community in terms of employment, training, skills, and wealth creation.